By the numbers
89% of concluded complaints were successfully resolved.
We experienced a reduction in complaints of 19% compared to last year.
Billing problems were the number one issue for wireless, internet, TV and phone customers.
202 service providers had ZERO complaints. Another 109 had 3 or less.
400 brands operated by 285 service providers are members of the CCTS.
27% of concluded complaints required an investigation.
42,913 issues were raised from 15,868 concluded complaints.
57% of complaints were filed against 5 service providers.
- Began administrating the new CRTC Internet Code, which applies to Canada’s largest internet providers
- Provided input to CRTC Review of Mobile Wireless Services proceeding regarding pricing of low-cost mobile wireless plans
- Terminated participation of two service providers no longer in business
- Retained consulting firm cameron.ralph.khoury (CRK) to conduct full review of CCTS operations
- Canadian consumer groups elected Catherine Middleton (Professor, Ryerson University, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management) and Geneviève Saumier (Professor, McGill University, Faculty of Law) as their representatives on the CCTS Board of Directors; they will assume their roles in October of 2020